2024 Prom
June 4, 2024

MTPA Says Goodbye to Choreographer Mr. Kerry Lambert

Mr. Kerry Lambert.

For the past three years, Kerry Lambert (nicknamed Mr. Kerry) has choreographed MT’s musicals. However, “Fame” was his last show at MT as he is moving to southern Louisiana to be with his family. He made it very clear that he wasn’t eager to leave. In his departing message to MTPA he wrote that “the past three years with you all, students and faculty, have been complete joy and magic” and that he has “fallen in love with the job [MTPA has] given me.”

After such a great run of shows, the whole department knew it was going to be hard to say goodbye. Senior Kennedy Meglic shared that “Mr. Kerry changed my perspective on theater. He brought so much life into our theater department in so many ways.” She stated that everyone will miss him greatly, but that the department wishes him nothing but the best; and that even in his absence she will forever be grateful for the opportunities he gave her, such as being dance captain for two years.

Senior Addison Journey shared a similar sentiment.

“Kerry was such a special part of our MTPA family. Not only as a great choreographer, but as our biggest cheerleader and source of unlimited support,” she said.

Junior Jayden Gonzalez expressed that, “When [he] first heard the news I was saddened that our choreographer for the past three years wasn’t going to be here next year.”

Yet he is still looking forward to what the new choreography has in store. Despite the nerves he and others may be experiencing, this is a time of new opportunity.

Mrs. Haldeman is, despite being sad to see her good friend and colleague leave, excited for this new chapter in the performing arts. The department has already picked their new choreographer and MTPA will be doing a meet and greet on May 28.