The Music Program Puts on Their Winter Chamber Concert

On Thursday, Dec. 21, MT Bella Voce, Harmonic band, two choral quartets, the Troubadours and the Chamber Ensemble performed at their winter Chamber Concert. 

The students who were on stage thought the concert ran smoothly.

“I think the concert went as well as it could’ve given how much time we had to prepare,” said senior Nora Lowther. “There were a few moments of uneasiness, but we kept it together.” 

Lowther plays viola in the Chamber Ensemble but joined the Harmonic on the piano as well. 

Bella Voce started the show by singing three songs: “Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind,” “Chante Waste Hosila” and “Pie Jesu.  Translations were provided for each song in the program. 

The Harmonic band performed next, playing “Studio Ghibli Medley” with Lowther on the piano, Bill Wang on the flute, Andy Do on the clarinet and Oskar Filippo on the viola. 

The Troubadours sang Christmas classics including “All I Want for Christmas is You” and “This Christmas,” sung acapella style.

Along with the Troubadours, two small quartets performed. The first quartet (Finnegham Forrester, Grace Kline, Benjamin Schnabel, and Khai Miller) performed “Snowy Day,” while the second quartet (Sophia Irvine, Kennedy Meglic, Owen Carney, Carson Lefever and Alicia Blanco) performed “Do You Hear What I Hear. 

The Chamber Ensemble performed last, playing “Forest Green,” “Oblivion,” “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” and “Joy to the World.

“I thought it was a really fun concert because the groups were small, the audience was small, and everybody sat in front,” said Mrs. Haldeman, chorus teacher and leader of Bella Voce and Troubadours. “I just liked the intimate feel of it.”