Nine New Television Shows Of 2024

Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-sitting-on-a-couch-watching-4009401/
License: https://www.pexels.com/license/
Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-sitting-on-a-couch-watching-4009401/ License: https://www.pexels.com/license/

There is an incredible sense of excitement that surrounds the release of a new TV show, particularly popular ones. After a long day of hard work, many people look forward to coming home to binge watch the new season of their favorite show. Keep reading to find out about the top TV shows of 2024.

1) “Death and Other Details”  

Release Date: Jan. 16

This series is an American mystery drama produced by Mike Weiss, Heidi Cole McAdams and Marc Webb. The show stars Violett Beane and Mandy Patinkin. This show follows Imogene Scott (Beane), a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time who becomes the main suspect in a murder mystery case. To prove her innocence, she must partner with the greatest detective of all time—whom she despises. This show is available to watch on Hulu.

2) “Griselda” 

Release Date: Jan. 25

“Griselda,” starring Sofía Vergara, directed by Andrés Baiz is based on the life of Griselda Blanco, a successful Columbian drug lord during the 1970s to early 2000s. The show is based on real events in Griselda Blanco’s life. The series tells the story of a devoted mother who created one of the most successful and profitable cartels in history. 

“Griselda is a rise-and-fall story like none we have seen before. It’s thrilling, emotional, funny, scary, and tragic. Griselda is an antihero of the highest order and a series of contradictions at odds with herself,” said creator Eric Newton. 

“Griselda” is available on Netflix.

3) “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”

Release Date: Feb. 2

This thriller, starring Donald Glover and Maya Erskine, follows two secret agents who pose as husband and wife for a mysterious corporation, testing both their spy skills and their relationship. The series, created by Donald Glover and Francesca Sloane, is based on the 2005 film “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” that starred actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. The show is set to air on Prime Video.

4) “Avatar: The Last Airbender”

Release date: Feb. 22

“Avatar: The Last Airbender” follows a group of friends training the last airbender to embrace his destiny as the Avatar, a master of all four elements: earth, wind, fire, and air. Starring Gordon Cormier, Dallas Liu and Kiawenttio Tarbell, “Avatar: The Last Airbender” will be a live action recreation of the anime series. The show airs on Netflix Feb. 22.

5) “Grey’s Anatomy” (Season 20)

Release Date: March 14

“Grey’s Anatomy” has become extremely popular since its first season in 2005 because of its attractive cast, dramatic medical scenes and steamy romance. The show focuses on a group of young doctors who work together at a hospital while trying to navigate their personal and professional lives. Season 20 of “Grey’s Anatomy” will air on ABC. Previous seasons are available to watch on Netflix.

6) “Palm Royale”

Release Date: March 20

This drama stars actors Amber Robinson and Kristen Wiig. Set in 1969, the show follows an ambitious woman who is motivated to secure a place at America’s most prestigious, exclusive, and fashionable table: Palm Beach High Society. “Palm Royale” will air on Apple TV.

7) “Bridgerton” (Season 3)

Release Date: May 14

This season is based on the seventh book of the “Bridgerton” series, and will star Luke Newton, Nicola Coughlan and Julie Andrews. With each season revolving around a different sibling of the family, this one will follow Benedict Bridgerton (Newton) and his romantic endevours.  The show is a historical-fiction romance that takes place during the regency era in England and follows the lives of eight siblings of the powerful, wealthy Bridgerton family and their attempts to find love. Season 3 of  “Bridgerton” will be available to watch on Netflix, along with the other seasons.

8) “The Summer I Turned Pretty” (Season 3)

Release Date: Summer/Fall 2024

Based on the book series “The Summer I Turned Pretty” by Jenny Han, the show stars Lola Tung, Christopher Briney and Gavin Casalegno. The show romanticizes summer for its target audience of teenage girls, following Belly (Tung) as she spends her summers with the Fisher boys at their beach house. Belly ultimately gets caught in a love triangle between the two boys and cannot decide which one to choose. The show will be released sometime in the Summer or Fall 2024, on Prime Video. 

9) “The Acolyte” 

Release Date: 2024 (exact date to be determined)

“The Acolyte,” a part of the Star Wars franchise, examines the emergence of the Sith powers throughout the galaxy during the Star Wars High Republic Era. The show stars actors Amandla Stenberg, Lee Jung-jae, Dafne Keen and Carrie-Anne Moss. This show will premiere on Disney+.