IB Students Take a Trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Mer
The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The students who are in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program and the others taking IB English were given the chance to enjoy a day at The Metropolitan Museum (MET) on Oct. 26. The 50 students who went to the museum were able to buddy up into groups of two or more and tour the site personally. They were free to go to any of the cafes/food courts for lunch and shop around in the museum’s store. The gallery consisted of European Sculptures, Egyptian, Medieval, Modern, Contemporary, Greek and Roman art works. From clay, to paint, to metal, the exhibit was full of objects that were from many different time periods and places around the world. 

“I had a lot of fun looking at historical art and learning about different cultures,” junior Macyn Fogleman said. 

The students’ day started at 6:30 a.m. when they arrived at school and boarded the bus. The group stopped at Woodrow Wilson Service Area in New Jersey where the students picked up breakfast, some snacks for the day and something for the ride back. 

Once arriving in New York City, the students started their tours at 11 a.m. and were free to view art and eat until 2:30 p.m., at which time they met on the front steps. Once all accounted for, the students, chaperones and teachers all headed to Central Park. They explored the park until they met once again at the front of the bus at 3:30 pm to travel back to school. 

“I had a lot of fun on the IB trip,” junior Terrell Russel said. “It was really educational, and a good time overall.”