“1989 (Taylor’s Version)”: Information for the Clueless Dad

Taylor Swift during The 1989 World Tour

As many Taylor Swift fans know, Swift has been re-recording her music since 2021 in an attempt to gain full ownership of it. She calls these albums “(Taylor’s Version).” Previously, her first six albums were owned by her record label and sold to a private equity firm, which Swift publicly disapproved of. “Fearless,” “Speak Now,” and “Red,” three of Swift’s albums, have already been re-recorded and seen great approval from fans. 

Still attempting to gain ownership of all six albums, Swift will release “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” on Oct. 27, 2023. This pop album is known for its upbeat nature and well-known songs such as “Shake it Off,” “Blank Space,” “Welcome To New York,” and “Wildest Dreams.”

Not only is this re-recording exciting fans, but as Swift releases her re-recorded albums, she also releases songs “From The Vault.” These are unreleased songs that did not make the album at the time of its debut. Therefore fans are getting old content along with new. In a recent post on Instagram, Swift announced the names of the songs “From The Vault” (Taylor’s Version): “‘Slut!’,” “Say Don’t Go,” “Now That We Don’t Talk,” “Suburban Legends,” and “Is It Over Now?”

Excitement is building among Swift’s fans as they wait for the release of this anticipated album, “1989 (Taylor’s Version).” 

“I am so excited for the release because it makes me happy that Taylor Swift is able to get closer to owning all of her albums,” said junior Jocelyn Parise. “I also can’t wait to hear the vault tracks!”