The 2023 Homecoming Court

The 2023 Homecoming Court. From left to right: Madison Appleby, Shelby Whittaker, Jemy Jumelles, Kennedy Meglic, Brenna Campagna, Calli Campagna, Marina Papadimitriou, Emilie Mosner, Calla Li, and Olivia Young.

As the new year has begun, so have many MTHS traditions. One of these traditions is the Homecoming Court. The Homecoming Court is made up of 10 girls who are elected by their classmates to be in the running for homecoming queen. The senior class of 2024’s nominees are: Madison Appleby, Brenna Campagna, Calli Campagna, Jemy Jumelles, Calla Li, Kennedy Meglic, Emilie Mosner, Marina Papadimitriou, Shelby Whittaker, and Olivia Young. With Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 7, these girls are preparing for the Homecoming dinner and football game this Friday. That night, the Queen will be decided based on the school’s votes.

Homecoming dinner is a time for these girls to bond and reflect on their time and memories at MT so far. Later that night, at the halftime of the football game, each court member will be presented by a guardian who will walk them out onto the field before the Queen is revealed. 

In preparation for this game, the school will be holding a Homecoming pep rally today to get the student body excited for the dance and court. Each member of the Homecoming Court will select a partner to compete with against other court members in surprise activities. This builds anticipation within the student body and prepares them for the fun dance and weekend ahead.

“It truly is an honor being chosen to represent the class of 2024, not to mention that being a part of the homecoming court is such a fun experience,” Young said. “It allows me the opportunity to engage with the student body in an eventful weekend. I’m proud of all the girls, and I’m excited to see who wins.”MShelb