All You Need to Know About Hoco

The homecoming dance is on Saturday, Oct. 7th and the theme is “Under the Sea.” The homecoming football game is at 7 p.m on October 6th, during which the homecoming queen will be announced. The week prior to homecoming is spirit week. 

Tuesday, October 3rd is tropical,— wear Hawaiian shirts, leis, or a flower in your hair. Wednesday, October 4th is Heroes and Villains, where freshmen and sophomores will be villains and juniors and seniors will be heroes. Thursday, Oct. 5th is Township colors: navy blue and white.

The student council chose the “Under the Sea” theme because of how much it provides in terms of decoration, creativity and ambience. In fact, the theme is actually one of the reasons for why the arena was chosen. According to Mr. Kranch, the circular shape of the arena can simulate being in a fish bowl and just gives different opportunities for decoration. 

However, the arena also presents challenges. Heels will not be permitted, but students can wear flats or sneakers. There has been some disapproval when it comes to the location change because of this rule.

The arena does give logistical advantages, however. The student council also picked the arena because of the amount of space it provides. Last year’s homecoming dance had an unprecedented amount of students in attendance, 1,300, and around the same amount are expected this year. The arena provides more room for the amount of students attending. 

The track will also be open with games and the concession stands will offer chips, cookies, and water. The student section of the bleachers will be pulled out for people to rest. The DJ from last year will return and there will also be a themed photobooth. 

There have been significant improvements to the check-in system as well. There is a barcode on your homecoming ticket. Now when entering the school all you’ll need to do is get your ticket scanned and your school ID checked. This will really speed up the process.