28 Seniors Recognized at Signing Day Ceremony

%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

Vivian Ealy

Twenty-eight seniors at Manheim Township have recently committed to continue both their academic and athletic careers post-graduation. These students were recognized at the signing ceremony in Convo Hall on Wednesday, Feb. 5. 

Eight of these students have decided to attend a Division I school, the highest level of intercollegiate athletics overseen by the NCAA in the United States. Elizabeth Cesarone plans to attend Central Michigan University, where she will be competing in gymnastics; she is undecided about her major. Shannon Elias plans to play lacrosse at the University of Delaware, majoring in business/marketing. To further his football career, Jon Engel will be attending Lafayette College, where he will also study economics. Pole vault star Sydney Horn plans to attend the ironically named High Point University, where she will major in education. Harrison Kirk, the previous quarterback for Township, will be attending Colgate University to play football and major in economics. Continuing her career as a lacrosse player, Taylor Kopan will be attending American University, where she will also study biology. To major either in economics or engineering, Ben Mann plans to attend Yale University, where he will also continue his football career as a tight end. The last of the students who will be attending a Division I school is Connor Vucovich, who will be playing baseball at Bucknell University; Vucovich plans to major in computer science and economics. 

Eight seniors have committed to a Division II school. Brett Benjamin plans to attend Shippensburg University to play as a wide receiver for football and major in business management. To further his career in swimming, Tyler Besnoff plans to attend Pace University, where he will major in computer science. Katie Bushong plans to study biology and play volleyball at Wilmington University. As a criminal justice major, Nathan Carpenter plans to attend East Stroudsburg University to play football as a wide receiver. Both Josh and Sam Emge are attending Shippensburg University, where they will play as linebackers for the football team. Katie Fluck will be fully immersing herself in the athletic aspect of college as she plans to attend Bloomsburg University to play lacrosse and study exercise science. Adding a new sport to the mix, Hamilton Mcnaughton will be attending West Chester University to continue his golf career; he plans to major in business management. 

The remaining twelve students plan to further their athletic and academic careers at Division III schools. The first being Bryce Casey, planning to attend Widener University to play football and major in criminal justice. Although undecided about her major, Allison Cubell plans to further her field hockey career at Haverford College. Also playing field hockey in college, both Vanessa Daniels and Rea Fox plan to attend Dickinson College; Daniels is majoring in Biology, while Fox plans to major in Biochemistry. An HVAC major, Jeffrey Dommel plans to attend Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, where he will continue to play football. Abby Laubach is attending Washington College to play lacrosse and study biology. Matt Milkulka also plans to major in biology at Gettysburg College where he will continue his career playing football. Kayte Moist will be tackling two sports, lacrosse and field hockey, at Albright college; Moist plans to major in business. Lacrosse player Eddie Newman will further both his education and academic careers at Ursinus College, although he is undecided about his major. To play lacrosse and study exercise physiology, Kaitlyn Petersheim plans to attend Bridgewater College. Lauren Pettoni will be attending Penn State Berks to play as a forward for their soccer team and major in business. Liam Wright will be continuing both his soccer career and academic career at Elizabethtown College, where he will be studying biology.